Thank you for your interest in Spartanburg Christian Academy! Kingdom Education, the philosophy at Spartanburg Christian Academy, focuses on bringing the home, church, and school into a partnership for the purpose of training the next generation. Kingdom Education is defined as the life-long, Bible-based, Christ-centered process of leading a child into a new identity with Christ, developing a child according to his/her specific abilities given to him/her by Christ, so that a child would be empowered to live a life characterized by love, trust, and obedience to Christ. Christian education involves the whole person, therefore it is desirable that all elements which bear on the education of a child be consistent and properly reinforce one another. SCA will assist Christian parents in the education of their children. The school does not replace the training of either the home or the church. All three should be complimentary, which means that all three should be in biblical agreement for a truly well-rounded education centered on Christ. It is therefore necessary that all parents agree with the philosophy and teaching of the school.
Families are welcome to contact us at any time to discuss admission to Spartanburg Christian Academy. Applications for the next school year are available in mid-January of each year. Current families re-enroll in March of each year.
- Step 1. Tour with the Headmaster –The first step in applying to SCA is touring the school with our Headmaster, which includes personal time for families to meet with the SCA Headmaster, a complete tour of facilities, and an overview of SCA school operation and vision. Please call the Admissions department at 578-4238 to schedule a tour.
- Step 2. Shadow a Current Student – Students in Grades 7-12 are encouraged to spend a day at SCA shadowing a current SCA student.
- Step 3. Submitting an Application – There are 3 requirements for an application to be accepted and the enrollment process to continue.
• A completed Enrollment Application (available on school website or picked up from school office)
• A $175 non-refundable registration fee must accompany the application.
• Copies of the following documents must accompany the Enrollment Application:
>Most recent report card (Grades K-12)
>Most recent Transcript (Grades 8-12, may be an unofficial copy)
>Educational and diagnostic testing or IEP
Copies of the following documents are required prior to school attendance:
>South Carolina Certificate of Immunization
>Copy of Child Custody decree
- Step 4. Interview with Principal – After submitting an application, an interview will be scheduled for all applicants and their parents with a school principal. This interview is an opportunity for philosophical compatibility discussions, a question and answer session, and a time to assess whether the SCA program meets a student’s needs. If testing is deemed necessary, it will also be conducted during this time.
- Step 5. Acceptance –After all of the above steps are completed, you will be contacted regarding acceptance.
How To Apply
Click on the links below for admissions guidelines and general information:
- Admissions Information
- Admissions Policy
- Financial Information
- Immunization Requirements
- Tuition Assistance Guidelines
- 2016-2017 High School Course Directory
If tuition assistance is requested, please follow directions on the links below to submit a Tuition Assistance Application.
The following forms may be downloaded for completion and then sent by email to our Admissions department at firstname.lastname@example.org. If forms are emailed, the registration fee of $175 must be brought to the scheduled principal interview.
- New Student Application (required)
- Application for Extended Care (complete if after school care needed)
- Summer Camp Registration (available for K3-6th grade)
- Financial Contract for Re-enrollment
The following forms should also accompany the New Student Application:
- Copy of most recent report card (Grades 5K-12)
- Copy of most recent transcript (Grades 8-12, may be an unofficial copy)
- Copy of educational and diagnostic testing, IEP
The following forms are required prior to school attendance:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of current South Carolina Certificate of Immunization
- Child custody decree
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: Spartanburg Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs and athletic or other school-administered programs.