Families are welcome to contact us at any time to discuss admission to Spartanburg Christian Academy. Applications for the next school year are available in mid-January of each year. Current families re-enroll in March of each year.
Step 1. Tour with the Headmaster –The first step in applying to SCA is touring the school with our Headmaster, which includes personal time for families to meet with the SCA Headmaster, a complete tour of facilities, and an overview of SCA school operation and vision. Please call the Admissions department at 578-4238 to schedule a tour.
Step 2. Shadow a Current Student – Students in Grades 7-12 are welcomed to spend a day at SCA shadowing a current SCA student.
Step 3. Submitting an Application – There are 3 requirements for an application to be accepted and the enrollment process to continue.
- A completed Enrollment Application (available on school website or picked up from school office)
- A $200 non-refundable registration fee must accompany the application.
- Copies of the following documents must accompany the Enrollment Application:
- Most recent report card (Grades K-12)
- Most recent Transcript (Grades 8-12, may be an unofficial copy)
- Educational and diagnostic testing or IEP
- Copies of the following documents are required prior to school attendance:
- Birth Certificate
- South Carolina Certificate of Immunization
- Copy of Child Custody decree
Step 4. Interview with Principal – After submitting an application, an interview will be scheduled for all applicants and their parents with a school principal. This interview is an opportunity for philosophical compatibility discussions, a question and answer session, and a time to assess whether the SCA program meets a student’s needs. If testing is deemed necessary, it will also be conducted during this time.
Step 5. Acceptance –After all of the above steps are completed, you will be contacted regarding acceptance.
Enrollment at SCA is a commitment for the entire year.
- Parents who wish to withdraw their student from school must notify the Headmaster in order to initiate withdrawal procedures.
- All outstanding bills are to be paid and all textbooks and SCA materials returned before school records, grades or transcripts can be released to any school or institution.
- Parent-choice withdrawal is defined as withdrawal for any reason other than 1) parental job change or transfer which results in the student relocating more than 50 miles from the campus, or 2) termination of enrollment by administration (expulsion, etc.).
- Penalties for parent-choice withdrawal are listed below.
- Withdrawal prior to beginning of school year after June 15, a $400 withdrawal fee per student is assessed and parents areobligated to pay all tuition fees billed through the date of withdrawal.
- Withdrawal during the school year will constitute a $400 withdrawal fee per student and payment for number of days enrolled.