About the International Homestay Program
- See SCA At-A-Glance
- International students live in Christian homestay families
- Students enter mainstreamed classes upon arrival
- Ongoing English language support for all international students
- After school study program available
- Mentor program provides support to students
- Homestay Parent program provides ongoing support to homestay families
- Excellent medical insurance coverage provided
- Less than one hour from scenic Blue Ridge Mountains
- Minutes from Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
- Who can apply?
We accept students from all over the world applying to enter Grades 8-12.
- What does the program include?
The total cost of our homestay program includes school tuition, school and program fees, medical insurance, housing costs, transportation, and school lunches.
- Do you have any English requirements?
Students entering Grade 7 must have scored a minimum of 42 on the Secondary Language English Proficiency (SLEP) Test or have an equivalent score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Students entering Grade 8 must have scored a 47 on the SLEP Test or have a TOEFL equivalent.
Students entering Grade 9 must have scored a 53 on the SLEP Test or have a TOEFL equivalent.
Students entering Grade 10 must have scored a 55 on the SLEP Test or have a TOEFL equivalent.
Students entering Grade 11 must have scored a 58 on the SLEP Test or have a TOEFL equivalent.
SKYPE Interview required.
- Do you offer an ESL program?
We do not offer an ESL program as part of our school curriculum. All students enter mainstreamed classrooms for all subjects upon their arrival. We provide afterschool tutoring for all students.
- Who chooses the homestay family?
Spartanburg Christian Academy (SCA) chooses the homestay family for the student. SCA homestay families go through a rigorous application process in order to serve in our program. We use housing inventories and application information to determine the best homestay family for each student.
- How do I apply?
See the International Homestay Program Admission Info page for information regarding our admission and enrollment process.