Statement of Faith
SCA is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), a service organization serving Christian schools across the United States and around the world. Each member school or college retains its individual distinctive and operating independence. Participation in any or all of the services of ACSI is voluntary. ACSI is a full-service association designed to be a meaningful aid to the school's educational ministry. We subscribe completely to the ACSI Statement of Faith: We believe...
- the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15, 2 Peter 1:21)
- there is one God, eternally existent in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
- in the deity of Christ, (John 10:33); His virgin birth, (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:3); His sinless life, (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26); His miracles, (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death, (1 Corinthians 15:3, Esphesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father, (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory. (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11)
- in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation, because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ; and only by God's grace and through faith are we saved. (John 3:16-21, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:5)
- in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
- in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28)
- in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life. (Romans 8:13-14, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
As further distinctive of SCA, we did add these to our Statement of Faith: We believe...
- that water baptism, by immersion, (Matthew 3:11), is the Biblical mode of baptism and testifies of the believer's faith in, and identification with, the crucified, buried and risen Savior. (Romans 6:1-4)
- that the Lord's Supper is an ordinance whereby believers show forth the Lord's death until He comes again. (1Corinthians 11:23-26)